Tomorrow People

My parents always said that having stable income would be necessary to thrive. So one of my long-time goals has been to acquire a full time position with benefits, to support independent living. Before I’d reached this point, my basic concept of success involved looking and playing the part, regardless of where I ended up. Now, my objectives include accepting responsibility and maintaining a sense of professionalism. Thinking about my career path, I've taken most of my occupations very seriously; yes, even my duties at the arcade. For every position I've accepted, I placed more value in the job than I did in myself, because of the potential opportunities I saw.

For awhile now, I’ve fantasized about being an assistant or secretary within an office setting, because I admire the portrayal of people who fulfill those roles. Now that I’ve spent sometime working within an accounting firm, I understand that it’s more than just getting dressed every morning. Even though I was interviewed and hired for an entry-level position, I understand how my efforts matter within their company. Each person's input serves purpose, so anyone’s absence can change the course of a day. The interactions shared within our administrative team are crucial to a successful and productive workflow. As much as I value my job and outstanding coworkers, I still wonder if this is where I'm really meant to be?

I've been thinking deeply about the direction I’m moving in. In my adulthood, I've come to believe my waking hours are meant to be spent grinding toward the next paycheck. I still have much to learn here, on top of gaining precious experience points. I realize this may be an elementary way of perceiving things, but what can I say at this point? If no one else believes in me, I must strengthen my confidence to grow. I say these things having come from situations where I feel rarely encouraged. I haven't yet figured out how to turn my passions into profits, but maybe it's best to stay here awhile - So I may learn exactly what I need to move forward. Enter the Tomorrow People, where all of our contributions go toward living another day.

"To search, to discover, to develop. To broaden man's knowledge of the world he lives in and the universe around him. To make Reality of Imagination. This is Bendix: The Tomorrow People." - Raymond Scott.

- - - - -
Related Content:

Comments